To mark the 30th year of the Anthea Group, we are focusing on the 4 Pillars of Sustainability, to provide a framework for our ESG initiatives.
Right from its inception, the Anthea Group has been committed to supporting socially responsible initiatives and programs that improve the living standards of the communities in which we operate. We provide employment to a largely local workforce, thus creating opportunities for growth and development, and we actively support initiatives that deliver job skills and education to the underprivileged.
Displaying respect for individuals and ensuring that everyone is treated fairly is an intrinsic part of our ethos. We strive to create a workplace in which all our employees and stakeholders are provided with a safe and healthy environment where they can develop, contribute and aspire for growth.
We focus on continually improving our processes and on developing novel technologies that contribute to higher yields and efficiencies. We also strive to create maximum value for our Customers, shareholders and other stakeholders.
All our Group Companies are committed to the concept of ‘Green Manufacturing’. Our R&I centre in Navi Mumbai plays a key role in this endeavour, through ongoing projects and programs focused on minimizing waste and preventing pollution.
Environmental Sustainability Initiatives
Our Group Company, DRT-Anthea, manufactures terpene-based products, having a significantly lower carbon footprint, as compared to similar products manufactured using petrochemical feedstock.
We have developed and commercialized novel processes to manufacture Methylenedioxybenzene (MDB), Piperonal (Heliotropin) and Piperonyl Butoxide from phenol. Traditional methods for producing these products involve the rampant destruction of Sassafras forests. We believe that the increasing adoption of our products will prevent this widespread deforestation. These products are manufactured in our Group Company, Catàsynth Speciality Chemicals, which is a joint venture with Solvay. In March 2021 Catàsynth received the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) award for Manufacturing Process Innovator of the Year.
Salient features of Our Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Policy:
1. Focus on continuous innovation in products, processes and services.
2. Develop and maintain safe and healthy work practices in our manufacturing sites to eliminate hazards, reduce Health & Safety risks and prevent workplace related injuries.
3. Focus on minimizing waste and preventing pollution in all areas of operation.
4. Adopt suitable and adequate systems and practices to treat waste generated in our operations.
5. Be compliant with all applicable statutory and legal obligations.
6. Set clear objectives for Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental parameters, review our performance against these set objectives, and take all necessary steps for continuous improvement of our Integrated Management System.